Can I put an air conditioner in a room with no windows? I bet this question has crossed your mind even once.
The air conditioner has made its place as human essential just by simply doing its great job. Especially air conditioners are famous mostly in countries with higher humidity. Nowadays, the way climate change is happening, the way heat is increasing, so it is kind of unimaginable to think of staying without an air conditioner.
However, let’s clear your confusion if you can put an air conditioner in a room with no windows. Read this article. I hope you will find your answer.
Can i Put An Air Conditioner In A Room With No Windows?
If you think you don’t have any windows in your room and that’s why you can not put an air conditioner in your room, then you might give it a rethink. Even though the air conditioner component was made to make window ventilation, you can use a portable/stand-up air conditioner as a second option.
You can use a portable air conditioner that doesn’t need a window, but a door with an outside lead is enough for this air conditioner to work properly.
What Is An Air Conditioner?
On the other hand, an air conditioner is a machine that transfers cool air inside a building/room by removing heat and moisture from the air, transferring the heat and humidity outside. It helps to cool down our home and gives us every comfort a machine can give.
Who Invented The Air Conditioner?
Curiosity can take you to places that you have never imagined to be in the first place. For example, An air conditioner. Has this question ever crossed your mind about who invented the air conditioner?
The answer is, a young boy was in his 20’s. To be more specific, a boy who was 25 years old by that time, who also was a young experimental engineer, invented the air conditioner on July 17th, 1902. His name was Willis Carrier.
He invented the air conditioner because he wanted to help lower down the air humidity around the printer. He took an industrial fan to blow above the steam coil topped up with cold water. The extra moisture then condensed on the coil, which then blew cold air.
I mean, can you imagine a young adult who has made a revolutionary machine that still helps us in every way possible?
How Does It Work?
An air conditioner has a sort of similar working mechanism, just like a refrigerator. Firstly, the room’s hot air is taken in inside the air conditioner and is flown through the device’s cold evaporator pipes, which cools down the air, and a part of the machine called the dehumidifier removes the unnecessary moisture from the air.
How To Decide Which Type Of Air Conditioner That You Need?
The decision to understand what type of air conditioner I need for my house depends on some factors. For example:
If I am taking an air cooler for my room or for the house,
Budget, and location-based as in windows air cooler for placing it in the window, or split air cooler that has two-component,
Compounding inside and outside of my house’s wall or a stand-up air cooler, which I can move from one place to another. Etc.
Deciding on all these factors can help decide the type of air conditioner that I need.
Advantages Of Using An Air Conditioner
Advantages of Air Conditioners are:
Prevents dehydration and heat strokes.
- Improves air quality
- Contributes to reducing asthma and allergies.
- Less expensive.
- Protects house from insects
- Help keep one’s mood calm.
- It helps to have a good sleep.
Disadvantages Of Using An Air Conditioner
Disadvantages of Air Conditioners are:
- Aggravation of respiratory problems due to a sudden change in temperature.
- If not cleaned regularly/properly, it will increase the risk of an asthma attack and respiratory tract infections.
- It can be very noisy.
- People who use lenses face issues in the eyes due to the air conditioner.
- People become lazy and become too comfortable.
- Consume more electricity, increasing electricity bill.
- Decreases one’s heat tolerating capability.
How To Cool A Room With No Windows?
IF you need to cool down a room where a window doesn’t exist, then a fan is a great solution, but a better way to solve this problem is to use an air cooler, as you know a fan is unable to remove the moisture from the room’s air, but an air cooler can do that. Also, stand-up air conditioners can be a solution too.
Can You Use An Air Conditioner Without A Window?
Yes, you can use an air cooler if there is no window. The type of air cooler that can be used without a window is called a portable air conditioner, which can be shifted from one room to another.
How Do I Put An Air Conditioner In A Room Without A Window?
If you are looking for an air cooler to put in a room without a window, then the best option for you is a portable air conditioner. A portable air conditioner doesn’t need a window to let something out, so it can be simply utilized in a room which is without a window. But it does need some area to let out the extra humidity and water.
That’s when the unique part happens. Stand-up air cooler has hoses differing from one to two based on the component, and they are attached to another room or outside the room or through a wall to let out the extra humidity and water to let things out.
Do Ventless Air Conditioners Work?
Yes, of course, they do. Since those air coolers are ventless, vaporized air conditioners come to the rescue. Stand-up air coolers, with the help of a vaporized air conditioner, flow cold air into the room to turn the room’s heat into a comfortable condition.
How Does Ventless Ac Work?
Air cooler systems, which are basically mini split air conditioners, attach each room with a condenser that is situated outside. The hot air of the room is shifted inside the implement, and the coil mop it up. From there, all the temperature is let out outside via refrigerant.
Does A Portable Ac Need A Window?
Nope, stand-up air coolers don’t need a window, and it is just one or two hoses that are necessary to be attached to a room or outside room’s wall to let go of the extra humidity and unnecessary water.
How Do Portable Ventless Air Conditioners Work?
Your home’s interior might not need a window in a certain room, but there are no rooms that are designed without a door. There are some easy tricks that you can utilize if you want to use a stand-up air cooler. For example –
- Put the stand-up air cooler in front of the door, which is attached to the outside area. You can attach a sliding door by your living area, which is connected outside, and that will kinda ease your job. You can put your stand-up air cooler inside, but the issue you will face is, even though it will release air, it still won’t cool down the heat.
- You can also put your stand-up air cooler vent through the wall by just doing some drill work. By drilling some pit into your wall the same size as the width of the hose, that will be used to vent for the portable air cooler.
- You can also use the dryer vent. By using the same pit, you can actually put your stand-up air cooler vent with your dryer vent, and you won’t even need a window for that.
- You can also use your false roof if you have it to vent down your stand-up air cooler. Most people practice this system in offices.
- You can also use a funnel, but it is rarely used by people.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Portable Air Conditioner?
There are many advantages to using a stand-up air cooler. For example-
- It is quite lower in price than any other air conditioner.
- Perfect for small size rooms.
- Very easy to fit.
- Very effortless to move because of its wheels.
- Needs very little space in your room
- Wherever you place it, it won’t block your natural light from any of your rooms. Etc.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using A Portable Air Conditioner?
Everything comes with some disadvantages. Even though stand-up air coolers have some advantages, they also come with some disadvantages. For example –
- Can be the cause of higher energy bills
- Unable to cool down bigger rooms
- Unable to work in higher humidity
- It needs more care to keep it working. Etc.
What Happens If You Don’t Vent Your Portable Air Conditioner?
If we don’t do something to release the air from the stand-up air cooler, then the temperature will not get released from the room. As a result, it will come back to the room, and the room will not get chilly at all. The extra humidity will stay inside the room and will not let the room get cold.
As I said earlier, you won’t need a window to install an air cooler in your room. Stand-up or ductless air coolers will be the best option for that. All that will be needed as an extra are hose pipes depending on the component of the air cooler. To Let out the extra temperature and moisture outer the room.
So yes, you can put an air cooler inside a room with no windows.